To begin, I want to say how amazing you have been during this time. Thank you for continuing to show and share God’s love with others, for your generosity, prayers, and support of CLC’s leadership as well. We are proud to be a part of how CLC has represented Christ so well during this time.
As we move forward, we are excited to share a plan to return to LIVE, in-person services back in our building beginning on Sunday, May 10. While we are excited to begin worshiping together again, we want to be clear that we love you and support your decision to worship at home, if you are not yet comfortable returning, and we will be continuing to live stream our service.
We want you to know that we are doing this carefully, prayerfully, and with much thought and planning. After speaking with the CLC board, Utah state leadership, Davis County leadership and reviewing the recommendations of the Governor, Christian Life Center has made the decision to reopen our doors with the following parameters in place to maintain the social distancing requirements:
- We will offer two Sunday morning services and a Spanish service:
- 9:00 AM service – In-Person and Online. This is the new time of the online service. You can stream any time of day though on Facebook & YouTube.
- 11:00 AM service – In-Person Service
- 1:30 PM Iglesia CLC service – In Spanish
- We will use the time between the services to disinfect the building.
- To maintain distance and help with crowd control we are asking;
- If you are going to our 9 AM service, please don’t arrive until 8:30 AM.
- If you are going to our 11 AM service, please don’t arrive before 10:40 AM.
- Finally, if you are going to Iglesia CLC, please don’t arrive before 1:00 PM.
- All doors will be propped open in the facility, so that you do not have to make any contact.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at entrances.
- We will be setting up seating and have ushers available to guide you. Every other row will be blocked off, and we ask that families sit together. All will comply with 6-foot social distancing guidelines.
- There will be NO passing of the offering during services. Instead we will have tithe/offering drop boxes by each entrance to the main sanctuary.
- There will be NO prayer partners, but we encourage you to use our “Prayer Wall” at clclayton.org/prayer-request
- There will be NO bulletins available, so please download the CLC Utah App online.
- There will be NO Coffee Bar during this time. Please come pre-caffeinated or bring your own!
- Optional children’s ministry for Kindergarten through 6th grade only. All social distancing recommendations will be applied, as well as sanitizer available, no contact activities, no check-in and no snacks. We understand how challenging this will be for parents of children under these ages, we invite younger children to join us in service or join us online at clclayton.org/live. Older children are also welcome to attend service with their parents if this works best for your family.
- We realize that many will be excited to see friends, but we are asking you to abide by the social distancing rules (6 feet), No Hugs or handshakes and please respect the space of others during this time, regardless of your personal thoughts.
- All Life Groups, Bible studies, and other classes will remain Online only at this time.
Remember, this situation is fluid and ever-changing, we are moving forward using these recommendations. We will update them as quickly as we can and keep in touch with everyone. Here is one last thing you can do to help; In John 13:34, Jesus tells us, 34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” During this time, it’s a great opportunity for us to love one another by respecting the recommendations put in place by leaders and the safety precautions that each family makes for themselves.
Please continue to pray that as we come back together, we will see growth for the Kingdom of God. God is moving and we’re believing for greater things in the days to come!
We love you and can’t wait to see you soon!
Pastor Rob George. Executive Pastor
Christian Life Center – Layton, UT 84040
We know some of you are struggling and we want to remind you of our food pantry that is available if you are in need, just reach out. The ministry here at CLC will also have a lot to still accomplish, so you would be of great help to us if you would keep us in prayer and give online during this time as we will attempt to operate as normal as possible in these times.
A Couple easy ways to give;
1. TEXT the phrase CLC to 73256 and you can text give through that link.
2. Mail checks to CLC, 2352 East Highway 193, Layton UT 84040
3. Setup Bill Pay with your Banking Institution
We are so grateful for all of you and your patience during this. God Bless you and thanks for your support and prayers. Our prayers are with you as well, as you navigate all of this.
Pastor Rob George
Christian Life Center