CLC UPDATES 3/21/2020:
We want to let you know from the Christian Life Center staff we are all praying for you and working hard to serve. Currently all small groups, and services will be online only until further notice. We have made a lot of changes to clclayton.org to make your access to ministry resources in this time far easier. This season is calling us to be innovative and to try new things.
Here is an overview of what we will be doing during this time:
- Sunday Service Online Only: You can join us for service every Sunday at 10am at org/live – We are asking everyone to please follow the recommendations of state/national officials to stay at home.
- Daily Devotionals: Every weekday we will are currently releasing 15 min. devotional thoughts from one of our pastors on Facebook Live.
- Sunday Morning Prayer: At 9am every Sunday morning, we invite you to a prayer gathering on Zoom, a digital meeting application where you can call in or join via video from your smartphone or computer. Use Meeting ID: 384 958 5245 or go to link at https://zoom.us/j/3849585245
- Wednesday Night Classes: We will be meeting online at 6:30pm. This is also an online gathering on Zoom. You can join from your computer or smart phone, just download Zoom. Connect with us the link to join is: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/977164466 . This is the ID to find us on Zoom: Meeting ID: 977 164 466
- Kids Church: CLC Kids have several really fun things planned including; 1) Sending a Letter to all our CLC Kids, just email us your child’s address, name and age to email@example.com 2) You can also find a link to a Kids Church Service we provide at clclayton.org. This is a short video to watch with your kids that also includes a link to discussion.
- Youth: THR!VE youth ministries has a couple of exciting things for your teen to still be involved in during the quarantine. Both are Zoom Groups for the teens to communicate, worship, hear a message and play games online. A Link to this is found at clclayton.org and email communication is available every week with updates via email from Pastor Jared.
- Giving: While we move forward, we still need your faithful giving to continue to move the mission of God forward. There are multiple ways you can give: You can give online at clclayton.org, you can TEXT GIVE by texting “CLC” to 73256. If you would like you can mail in your gift to 2352 East Highway 193, Layton, UT 84040, or you can drop it off at the office any time from 9 -4 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Outreach & Needs: First off, our church office is currently working through calling everyone in our CLC Family to check on each person. To find out how we can pray for you and support you in this tough time.
We are also doing our best to help serve those in need. If you have a need during this time, you can contact Pastor Rob via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our CLC office at (801)771-7141 Ext. 510. We will do our very best to help as much as we possibly can. If you can help during this time by donating goods, please drop them off all week at one of our donation receptacles at CLC. We are collecting basic items for those in need. We strive to provide food and a helping hand to anyone in need in our CLC community, so please continue to help us so we can make it happen.
OVER 60: If you are over the age of 60 years old or have a compromised immune system, please reach out to us. We will point you in the right direction or talk to one of our many volunteers to drop off a grocery item if you don’t want to go out during this time.
JOBS: Also, for those struggling with work during this time we will be posting a listing of jobs available in the area on our Facebook and via email.
If you need assistance, have any questions or any needs, please feel free to call our office at 801-771-7141. This is no doubt an overwhelming time and while we cannot meet every need, we will do whatever we can. If you are unable to reach us, please leave a detailed message and we will return your call.
Don’t forget…God is Faithful!
Pastor Rob George, Executive Pastor
Christian Life Center
Dear CLC family,
You’re the reason we do what we do here at CLC, so I wanted to personally reach out to you regarding the current coronavirus situation. As I’m sure you’ve seen, there continues to be an influx of new information each day. So I appreciate the chance to update you on what we’re doing right now to help protect you and your family.
First, I want to assure you that your safety is very important to all of the staff here at CLC. Here are some of the measures we’ve taken in recent days to help insure that you can attend church activities with a level of confidence.
- We are giving extra time to assuring that the facilities are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- We are giving extra attention to bathrooms, the coffee bar area, door handles and handrails.
- We have increased the frequency of these cleaning assignments.
- We will have hand sanitizer at every entrance, providing there is any to be found to purchase. I encourage you to carry hand sanitizer with you.
- I want to remind you that we have not been given a spirit of fear and that as followers of Christ, we should not allow fear to override our faith. I encourage each of you to do what you would do in the event of any other virus, wash your hands often, stay away from others if you are sick, stay hydrated and above all stay calm and rational.
Services can be watched online at www.clclayton.org and we will have live streaming available starting this week.
2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
I love each of you and felt I owed it to each of you to try to answer any of your questions in advance.
We are confident you have heard through the news outlets the Government restrictions being put on meetings limiting them to 10 in attendance starting next Monday. We are aware of this and Pastor Crowder made statements last Sunday at our 10 am service, discussing how we plan to respond to this in the coming weeks. This will include our approach to Wednesday Night Classes and all events. In the meantime a situation like this really puts a lot of pressure on so many of us. We know some of you are struggling and we want to remind you of our food pantry that is available if you are in need, just reach out. The ministry here at CLC will also have a lot to still accomplish, so you would be of great help to us if you would keep us in prayer and give online during this time as we will attempt to operate as normal as possible in these times.
A Couple easy ways to give;
1. TEXT the phrase CLC to 73256 and you can text give through that link.
2. Mail checks to CLC, 2352 East Highway 193, Layton UT 84040
3. Setup Bill Pay with your Banking Institution
We are so grateful for all of you and your patience during this. God Bless you and thanks for your support and prayers. Our prayers are with you as well, as you navigate all of this.
Pastor Rob George
Christian Life Center