By now you have either heard Pastor Crowder’s announcement and/or you have received the letter I sent out addressing how we will be returning to service next week May 10th. I wanted to take time to go over a few things with all of you regarding this:
- With all of these changes, including doing the two social distancing services at 9 am & 11 am, some of our ministries are going to be temporarily shifting their responsibilities;
- While Ushers and Greeters will not be taking traditional roles, due to the fact that we are not handing out anything or doing anything that switches hands in service, we will still have a great need for both teams. Ushers and Greeters primary job now, will be to greet and help families find a seat in our auditorium.
- Security will be very much needed during this time to cover a multitude of areas including; watching the offering drop off locations, helping with the flow of traffic in and out of kid’s church, helping with between service crowd control, and more.
- Parking lot team will not need to cover as much with parking or shuttle (which won’t be running), but we will need help in the parking lot to guide families that are lost.
- These are only to name a few areas, there are many more.
- We understand many of you and your hesitation coming back to service and by no means does this require that you return before you are comfortable. Please, just keep in touch, is all that I ask.
- Please be flexible. This will be changing weekly, if not daily. I will do my best to communicate with you all as quickly and as often as possible.
- All classes, life groups, and support groups are to remain online at this time. While I am aware that some restrictions have been lifted to allow 20 or less, many of our studies have larger groups than that. Beyond that, we often offer childcare for little ones, and to use an abundance of caution we are hoping families will keep little ones at home, with as little contact as possible, during this season.
- If you feel the need to wear a mask, we welcome it, while we do not require it at this time. We are working to provide whatever we can for you, but if you have a mask or gloves you can bring with you, please do.
I want to thank each and every one of you for your commitment to what God is doing here at CLC. We desire to use wisdom in every decision, while also working hard to provide for families and come together as swiftly as possible. Please email me at email@example.com or message me on Facebook with any of your other questions. Also, please contact me and let me know if you will be at service this coming Sunday or if you will be staying at home.
God Bless you all –
Pastor Rob George, Executive Pastor
Christian Life Center